I’m “Based Grandma”, a lifelong Democratic who voted for Trump and became a Republican in 2016 for the following reasons.
America was becoming more divided and since Donald Trump became President the division and hate in our country has increased in large proportions. In my opinion, it’a not racist hate or hate between people of different backgrounds. It’s political hate that is steadily destroying our way of life and making it very difficult for President Trump to fulfill his promises to the American people. The Democratic party has become the ” Party of NO” and negativity …. challenging every move and not cooperating with any suggestions. This political hate is causing stress, violence, insecurity and is steadily expanding….following are some examples:
- There are late night hosts on TV who call themselves comedians but their ‘humor’ is mean, gross, hateful, disrespectful and not funny.
- There are many violent protests which cause injuries and disruptions rather than peaceful and respectful protests.
- The day of President Trump’s inauguration, Madonna went on TV and made a speech telling everyone that “many times she thought of blowing up the White House.” I thought to myself…What happened to respect?
- The day of President Trump’s inauguration an e-mail was going around the internet (unfortunately I received this ugly message) It was asking women throughout the country to dress in black for this “day of mourning”.
- I still hear people saying “He’s not my president.” Where is the respect!
Enough is Enough!
Maybe I’m just an optimist but I believe divided we go nowhere! United hopefully we can make America safer, stronger, and greater again. I believe Together we stand, divided we fall.
God Bless America!